Crescent Medical Center Lancaster is currently in need of a Physical Therapy Assistant to provide direct patient care services under the direction and supervision of a Physical Therapist. The Physical Therapy Assistant will be responsible for documenting patient treatments, changes in condition and other pertinent information as required. The successful candidate will also provide treatment and appropriate therapeutic techniques specific to the age and condition of each patient. This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administer treatment programs as established by Physical Therapists
- Focus on providing the highest quality treatment for patients that allows for excellent patient outcome
- Assess patient condition using knowledge of basic biological and medical science
- Propose treatment goals and objectives
- Implement patient treatment plans with guidance from the Physical Therapist
- Instruct patients on physical therapy interventions, modalities and home exercise programs
- Associate Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current license as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of Texas
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current CPR and first aid certification
- Must possess a caring and compassionate demeanor
- In-patient experience an asset
- Physical Demands
- Physically be able to lift at least 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to stand and walk for prolonged duration of time.
- Able to assist nursing staff in patient transfers.