Responsibilities include: Posting and reconciliation of all payments received via EFT,lockbox, and daily mail to patient accounts on a daily basis as well as complete daily DCR report. Posts all denials/rejections to patient accounts daily. Obtains EOBS and Remittance Advances from online sources and/or CPSI for posting Post all Non-AR payments to general ledger as instructed by Director of Business Office and/or Controller on a daily basis. Balances all postings to deposit information daily. Closes Receipts within 2 business days in CPSI Runs rejection reports and distributes to Commercial and Medicare/Medicaid Analysts on daily basis. Reviews and resolves any payments posted to the unapplied account within 5 business days Provides Director of Business Office information on underpayments received. Researches any un-posted payment requests from patients and/or other staff. Other duties as needed and or assigned.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial and HMO payers.
- Ability to perform analytical problem solving.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to operate concurrently within a variety of hospital systems.
- Working knowledge of PC applications, Word, Excel, etc.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to follow directions and establish priorities effectively.
- Self-directed and capable of working without direct supervision.
- Dependable in both production and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- Maintains performance improvement activities for the department.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Provides education to staff on performance improvement. Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for department staff members. Participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, termination and departmental staffing scheduling.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Preferred post-secondary education, i.e., Associate Degree in healthcare or business-related field.
- Bilingual capability (English/Spanish) desired.